FEES DESCRIPTION & NOTES
Tuition & Fees 2016-2017Tuition and fees are applicable to all students whether they are enrolled as degree-seeking, visiting, or non-degree students.
|Student Fees and Charges||KWD||Comments|
|Tuition Fees (1)|
|Standard Undergraduate Tuition (2)||210||per credit hour||An additional KWD 20 per credit hour is charged for Engineering Courses|
|Computer and Electrical Engineering declared majors (2)||230||per credit hour||All courses, including any other non-engineering courses, will be charged at this rate upon declaring a major in Computer or Electrical Engineering.|
|Intensive English Program (2)||2,250||per semester|
|Application||35 Non-refundable||The application fee is charged for processing a candidate’s application.|
|Enrollment Deposit||100 Non-refundable||Adjusted towards tuition fees|
|Other Fees and Charges (4)|
|Special Course and Activity||As determinded||Per course/ activity||Non-refundable|
|Library||15 Non-refundable||Per semester||Library, Technology, and Student Activity fees are reduced by 50% for summer semester.|
|Technology||50 Non-refundable||Per semester|
|Student Activity||50 Non-refundable||Per semester|
|Graduation||50 Non-refundable||Per graduate|
|Diploma Re-Issuance Fee||10 Non-refundable||Per diploma|
|Deferred Payment Service Charge||10 Non-refundable||Per installment|
|Late Payment||25 Non-refundable||Per semester||Any student who has not paid on or before the due date will be subject to late payment fee per semester in addition to the installment fees|
The University reserves the right to increase or modify tuition and fees upon approval by the Private Universities Council-Ministry of Higher Education and the University Board of Trustees.
- Students should refer to the Academic Calendar & check their university emails on a regular basis to keep up-to-date on the due dates for payment & de-registration.
- In the event that a student withdraws from the university before the last day of the first week of classes, 100% of tuition and fees will be refunded (this does not include the non-refundable enrollment deposit). If the student withdraws before the last day of the second week of classes, 50% of tuition and fees will be refunded (this does not include the non-refundable enrollment deposit). After the end of the second week, no refunds of tuition of fees will be processed.
- Library fines are determined and administered by the Library Director.
- Students are responsible for the cost of their textbooks and other course materials and supplies.
- Government Scholarship students are subject to the PUC Scholarship rules and regulations.
- Siblings attending AUK may be eligible for a tuition fee discount – contact the AUK Finance Department for further information.
- Fees and charges are payable in the AUK Finance Department located in the first floor of the Administration Building.
- AUK accepts the following methods of payments:
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Payment gateway through AUK Self-Service (www.auk.edu.kw/admissions/online_payment.jsp).
Enrollment DepositOnce an application has been accepted and the applicant has received an Offer of Admission from AUK, the applicant is required to confirm his/her enrollment in AUK by submitting a KWD 100 non-refundable Enrollment Deposit to the AUK Finance Department. The deposit will be adjusted with the student’s first tuition payment.
If the AUK Finance Department does not receive the Enrollment Deposit, it is considered that the applicant will not be attending AUK and cannot register for courses.
Legal ContractBy registering for AUK courses, the student is entering into a legally binding contract with AUK and is obligated to pay all related student fees and charges, including any non-refundable fees and charges.
Payment of Fees and ChargesBefore classes begin, students are expected to settle their accounts or to have made satisfactory arrangements for payment of the student fees and charges. Fees and charges are payable in the AUK Finance Department.
Non-PaymentAUK reserves the right to recover any amount due to it, including any additional costs incurred as a result of a collection process or legal action, and, if necessary, to forward financial obligations owed to AUK to a collection agency and/or to initiate legal proceedings.
All registered students who have not paid their tuition fees and charges, or who have not made financial arrangements with the AUK Finance Department, will be automatically dropped from their courses.
- Full payment
All student fees and charges are paid on the day of registration. This means that students pay in full the fees and charges upon completion of their registration.
- Deferred Payment Scheme
Should a student decide to participate in the Deferred Payment Scheme, s/he pays 50% of his/her tuition and fees upon completion of his/her registration (inclusive of the Enrollment Deposit for newly admitted students). The remaining 50% is paid by monthly installments, within a maximum of 3 months for the regular semesters. A university service charge of KWD 10 is added to each installment.
Tuition Fees RefundStudents may apply for a refund of tuition fees as follows:
- Dropping courses per the provision outlined in the University Catalog;
- Withdrawal from AUK per the provision outlined in the University Catalog; or
- Due to “extenuating circumstances”.
Students petitioning for a refund based on extenuating circumstances must:
- Withdraw from courses by completing a “Withdrawal from AUK Form” and submitting it to the Office oftheRegistrar.
- Provide a letter of request and verifiable written documentation supporting the request to the Director of Finance.
“Extenuating circumstances” may include death of an immediate family member, call to military duty, legal proceedings, and medical illness requiring hospital stay. Students receive their refunds either in cash or checks in their name.
HoldsThe AUK Finance Department will place a “hold” on those students who fail to meet their financial obligations to AUK, including on-time payment of their respective payment plan. A “hold” prevents students from, among other things, collecting their AUK transcripts and registering for future classes.