Degree Works is a comprehensive web-based academic advising solution that helps students (with guidance from their advisor) develop academic plans, fulfill academic requirements, and graduate on time.
- Understand degree requirements more clearly
- See where courses fit within requirements and what still needs to be fulfilled
- Plan a change of major/minor using the What-If Scenario feature
- View all courses transferred from another institution
- View cumulative GPA and credit hours completed (progress)
- Calculate GPA based on grade forecasts
- Plan an academic path that is clear and allows students to graduate on time
- Become more independent and responsible (students can access and plan independently without relying solely on an advisor)
- Stay on a direct path to graduation without taking any courses that exceed degree requirements
- Conduct more effective advising sessions
- Gain greater transparency of individual student academic records
- Use clear and consistent degree plans
- View student progress toward degree requirements
- Acquire greater capability to foster student success
- What-If – students and advisors are able to select different majors/minors the student is interested in to see how different requirements may affect progress toward degree completion.
- Look Ahead – students and advisors are able to see how courses students plan to take in the future will affect degree progress.
- Notes – advisors are able to clearly communicate their advice to students, who can view the advising notes on their Degree roadmap at any time.
- GPA Calculator – students are able to estimate the grades needed to achieve a desired overall GPA.