Marketing is a leading field in business, responsible for researching and satisfying customer needs through product and service development, pricing, promotion, and distribution. Besides being an exciting and creative academic major, Marketing is practical, and provides vital skills for success in both professional and personal lives. In today’s competitive market, no business can succeed without effective marketing. At AUK, the Marketing Department offers exciting and powerful courses taught by outstanding professors, courses that include Principles of Marketing, International Marketing, Advertising and Promotion, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Marketing Strategy, E-Commerce, Marketing of Services, and Supply Chain Management. These courses provide professional skills needed in the job market, both in Kuwait and internationally.
Graduates with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing are sought by many employers, including international corporations, governmental agencies, private and non-governmental organizations, and financial institutions. Students with a BBA in Marketing can be employed in a diverse range of jobs, in such areas as Sales, Retailing, Advertising, Public Relations, Logistics Management, International Marketing Management, Customer Relationship Management, Marketing Research, Tourism Management, e-Commerce, Media Marketing, Brand Management, Career (Placement) Marketing, Real Estate, Market Analysis, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and Marketing Strategy. Marketing is the number one field of employment in most countries. In addition, Marketing graduates with BBA degree can pursue a great variety of graduate degrees in Kuwait, the US, and Europe, as well as in many other countries.
The BBA program in Marketing at AUK prepares the best marketing professionals in Kuwait and beyond, through an excellent American system of education based on innovation, creativity, and critical thinking.
We aspire to make the marketing program at AUK the best in Kuwait and the Gulf region.
- Highest professional quality in teaching, research and service
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards and social responsibility
- Equality, social justice, respect, and honesty
- Transparency, freedom of expression, and accessibility
- Encourage creativity, innovation, critical thinking, and leadership
Upon completion of the AUK major in Marketing, the student will be able to:
- Analyze customer segments and make optimal decisions about which segment(s) to target.
- Use basic marketing research skills for gathering necessary data and for analyzing customer data.
- Make product/service decisions to fit with customer needs in target segments.
- Set prices consistent with customer willingness to pay and consistent with company needs to be profitable.
- Plan supply chain and distribution channel structures and set channel policies.
- Plan marketing communications adapted to the characteristics of the product / service and to the customer segment.
- Develop a coherent marketing plan.