The Department of Math and Natural Sciences is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time Chemistry Lab Instructor starting August 26th, 2019. The successful candidate will teach general chemistry laboratories and fulfill the following duties:
- Using pre-established curricula, instructs the students in the assigned laboratory sections (4 laboratory sections/semester)
- Prepares syllabi, handouts, exams, and quizzes each semester using guidelines provided by the department
- Prepares and sets-up all materials needed for each lab activity
- Assists students with the experimental procedures and data collection
- Assesses student learning prescribed by the department and maintains the grade & attendance records and provides office hours for students
- Ensures proper laboratory safety protocols are followed
- Maintains the laboratory equipment, orders laboratory materials/equipment, and keeps the laboratory clean and organized
Successful candidates should have a M.S. degree in Chemistry or closely related field. Experience with teaching at the college level, excellent teaching record, and knowledge of analytical instrumentation are preferred. Must have excellent interpersonal, professional, and communication skills, ability to interact comfortably with both students and faculty, and familiarity with common word processing and spreadsheet computer applications. The position will remain open until June 1, 2019. Applications are to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Department Chair at email@example.com and the Administrative Assistant Ms. Hadeel Abdulhakeem firstname.lastname@example.org, in the cc line.
The application should contain the following:
- Cover letter, detailing the candidate's teaching experience.
- A current CV.
- Contact information for three references.