Director, PR & Marketing
Scope and Purpose:
The Communication Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and coordination of media outreach, and to build and maintain a strong positive local, regional, and international image for the University.
The coordinator is to promote a positive image of the University’s performance and accomplishments to internal and external constituencies through the creation of news stories and media pitches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and stays informed about current projects, events, and initiatives being conducted throughout the University.
- Maintains strong relationships with regional and local media partners and develop media pitches in line with the University’s mission, vision, and goals.
- To write, edit, and translate a wide variety of communication material including, media releases, fact sheets, magazine stories, institutional documents, brochures, proposals, and event marketing materials, while ensuring accuracy of AUK messaging, statistics, and branding.
- To prepare key messages, speeches, and press statements for members of senior management as needed.
- To deliver the University’s key messages to the media and to be the initial point of contact for all media enquiries or approaches.
- To assist management in responding to emergency issues that require immediate media response.
- To plan media recognition initiatives.
- To monitor media coverage and news archives.
- To coordinate University CSR initiatives related to media and communications.
- To produce periodical media reports as required.
- To overlook photography operations.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, or English Literature and an emphasis in business communication. Additional training experience is an added advantage.
- 4-5 years of actual professional experience in communication in educational institutions is an added value.
- Previous experience providing a high level of customer service in a busy office.
- Must possess superior English and Arabic writing skills in editorial, copywriting, and official communications.
- Strong proof reading and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders as well as external stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving and excellent organizational and filing skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic marketing principles of the local region, and knowledge of a wide variety of media, local contacts in the market.
- Proficient in advanced functions of Microsoft Office, in particular, use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to analyze and display data, experience using databases, and ability to learn new software quickly.
- As events sometimes take place on evenings and weekends, flexibility with hours is required.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact details of three personal references.
In completing your application, please quote position code number in the email subject line:
Communications Coordinator - CC/PRM/10032019
Information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicant must possess a valid and transferrable residency in Kuwait.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.