Scope and Purpose:
Responsible for the university president for a broad and complex set of assignments related to the duties of the president and the Office of the President; provides administrative support for all presidential activities and supporting the president and the university in a manner that reflects the president's priorities and the university's mission, goals, and values; demonstrates commitment to continuous quality improvement and to providing outstanding service to a variety of university stakeholders; maintains an overall standard of excellence for the Office of the President’s operations and staff support; performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the president in facilitating institutional leadership that fosters mutual respect and esteem among all constituencies of the university, and acts as a liaison and logistical support for and between the president, the Board of Trustees, and Dartmouth College.
- Directs the work of the office based on the needs and requirements of the president in relation to the constituencies he/she serves while anticipating problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise and advises the president accordingly.
- Reviews all communications coming to the president, and where appropriate, summarizes, prepares responds and/or redirects to the appropriate university officials.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments, conferences, or teleconferences; prepares travel schedules and makes travel arrangements as necessary.
- Establishes, organizes, and maintains files and records; reviews incoming correspondence; and composes correspondence or memoranda as required. Also, drafts meeting agendas and records minutes of meetings as directed and sets and keeps track of timelines, records, and materials as assigned.
- Works with university leadership, external constituents, faculty and staff to resolve problems addressed to the president and handles sensitive issues that require confidentiality.
- Supervises administrative and classified employees. Greets and assists scheduled or unscheduled guests to the University.
- Fulfills additional responsibilities and duties as assigned including supporting office operations in the absence of other office staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or above required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and oral).
- Five years administrative experience required.
- Two years administrative experience supporting a senior executive required.
- Knowledge of the higher education environment, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to manage challenging situations to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to solve problems effectively, to interpret and apply policies and guidelines effectively and accurately.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to:
- Submit a cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact details of three personal references.
In completing your application, please quote position code number in the email subject line:
Executive Assistant – EA/OP/01072019
Information should be sent to email@example.com.
- The applicant must possess a valid and transferrable residency in Kuwait.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.