To support and advance the educational mission of the American University of Kuwait by facilitating access to scholarly collections and information resources.
- To select, acquire, organize and maintain scholarly materials and information resources.
- To provide intellectual and physical access to Library resources and expert assistance.
- To teach students, faculty and staff to retrieve information effectively.
- To communicate with all AUK constituencies to determine needs and to raise awareness of the expanding range of Library resources.
- To support a functional and welcoming physical space for collections, study areas and services for users and staff.
- To attract and retain a knowledgeable and responsible staff, to enhance their professional skills and to support their development and contributions within professional organizations.
- To develop a structure and mode of operation that plans for change, anticipates future trends and enables a flexible response to emerging technologies and scholarship.
- To contribute to the University through participation in University committees, organizations and activities.
- To participate in the larger library community through consortia, networks and organizations in order to enhance University access to a wide range of resources.
- To be responsible keepers of the University's financial, physical and human resources.