Holistic Student Engagement
Learn. Think. Become Program
The LEARN. THINK. BECOME. Program targets first year students to better prepare and familiarize them with all the tools available for them at AUK, in addition to facilitating their integration into life at AUK, and building a sense of belonging to the Wolfpack Community.
Part 1: “LEARN”:
Student Life delivers the students with presentations that educate them on their rights and responsibilities as students, guide them through the University Codes and adjudication processes, and provide them with an overview of clubs, organizations and sports, inclusive of information on joining them.
Part 2: “THINK”:
Teamwork, Health, Identity, Nutrition, Knowledge
The Counseling Center offers weekly workshops in the Art Therapy Room covering a variety of areas and topics as follows:
Part 3: “BECOME”:
- Stayin' Alive (Organization, procrastination, and executive skills)
- I Will Fix You (What is therapy and what isn't therapy)
- I Want to be free (Gender Roles in Culture and Society)
- Are We There Yet??? (Time Management)
- Me, My Food, and My Health (Eating Disorders)
- Comfortably Numb (Academics, Anxiety and Awareness)
- Under Pressure (Stress Management)
- Stairway to Heaven (Morals, Integrity, and Society)
- I Just Can't Forget You! (Working Memory)
- Selfie Love (Social Media and Cyberbullying)
- Only Happy When It Rains (Fearing Failure and how to risk)
- The Sound of Silence (Depression)
- I Want Love (Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships and how to tell the difference)
The Office of Alumni Affairs & Career Development delivers presentations designed to guide first year students towards the first steps in preparing their resume. The presentation begins by introducing AUK’s Student Employment Program, using it as a practical method of submitting a job application.