Welcome to the Division of Student Affairs... Where University Comes to Life
The Division of Student Affairs believes that students are more apt to be successful if they lead a balanced academic and social collegiate life. The departments within Student Affairs are devoted to providing extra- and co-curricular programs in which students have the opportunity to engage in experiences and services outside the classroom that are designed to enhance one's academic life and encourage social growth and maturity. Involvement is an important component of a well-rounded college experience.
The Division of Student Affairs strives to provide a comprehensive array of effective programs and services designed to support students from matriculation to degree completion and beyond, facilitating personal and academic development and promoting lifelong learning which sustains a mutually beneficial relationship with the university.
- Maintain services and programs which facilitate students' mental and physical wellbeing, thus enabling them to succeed academically and socially
- Facilitate opportunities for students which are designed to promote social integration, and characteristics such as self-awareness, personal growth, collegiality, and fairness
- Instill concepts in our students that focus on global awareness, civic responsibility, and lifelong learning while promoting enlightened values systems
- Foster relationships, with both internal and external communities, through programs and services designed to create and sustain a lasting commitment with the American University of Kuwait
- Provide opportunity to enrich lives beyond the traditional classroom setting through lifelong learning initiatives.
Student Affairs, through the departments of Student Life, the Counseling Center, and Alumni Affairs, meets its objectives by hosting a variety of cultural, educational, social, recreational, career- and health-related activities and services. In addition, the staff provides programming and support for student organizations, the Student Council, and alumni. Co-curricular, student leadership, athletic and intramural sports programs, student employment, counseling and healthy living, as well as student adjudication are also coordinated by Student Affairs.
Our university is also a community dedicated to working together to create conditions that support teaching, learning, and personal growth. Each individual is expected to honor his/her obligations and commitments. Thus, the rules and regulations of the university constitute not only basic and uncompromising standards and guidelines for conduct on and off campus, but are also commitments that all are obligated to respect, honor, and promote when one becomes a member of the AUK community. The Office of Student Life enforces the rules and regulations concerning student conduct at the university. The university reserves the right, through due process, to take disciplinary action against students for violations of institutional standards of behavior and academic regulations and procedures, which are defined in this catalog and the Student Planner & Handbook.
AUK, as a learning community, is compelled morally and ethically to uphold and promote the highest academic and behavioral standards among its students. Evidenced in its programs and services, the Division is committed to enhancing our students' positive and proactive attitude towards themselves, the community and the world while they continue to Learn, Think, and Become.
Sunday - Thursday
8:00am - 4:00pm
Note: Some department timings may extend beyond the standard business hours to provide relevant services.