The following advice published by the World Health Organization (WHO) can help prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand sanitizers or soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue—throw tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your healthcare provider or call the Ministry of Health emergency numbers (in the above section).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals.
- Avoid the consumption of raw or undercooked animal products.
The University maintains rigorous health and safety preparedness protocols and is closely following updates and instructions from local health authorities.