The Intensive English Program at the American University of Kuwait prepares students for entrance to the University’s undergraduate program. Students in the program are integrated into the academic, social, and cultural life of the University, giving them a fully enriched experience. The IEP learning outcomes are:
- Proficiently read appropriate-level fiction and non-fiction materials.
- Write, edit, and revise academic papers according to standard American English.
- Communicate ideas in a clear and logical manner in oral presentations.
- Demonstrate adequate academic skills in listening and notetaking.
- Efficiently use English language skills for academic purposes.