The Department of Engineering is seeking full-time lab instructors for its machines, power systems, and instrumentation labs. Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Laboratory courses offered in the engineering program
- Compiling and reporting assessment
- Maintaining records and samples of assessment components for the offered labs
- Assist students during regularly scheduled open-lab hours
- Participating in curriculum development, evaluation, revision, and/or selection of course materials, equipment, and technology
- Developing new instructional materials and techniques to meet the learning needs of students
- Collaborating with the senior lab technician on laboratory maintenance and inventory checks
- Facilitating the installation and functionalization of new and existing equipment
Minimum qualifications for the position:
- Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
- Demonstrated ability to teach college-level engineering labs
Candidates are expected to apply best teaching practices and advance the University’s mission of lifelong learning, collaborate with faculty and staff in the spirit of cooperation and for the purpose of advancing innovation and curriculum development, and commit to the ongoing activities of the Department and College.
The position will remain open until filled and is for local residents only.
Application packages are to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Dean of College of Engineering and Applied Sciences email@example.com in copy (attachments must not exceed 10 MB per email). The package should contain the following:
- Cover letter, detailing the candidate's teaching experience
- A current CV
- Contact information for three references
In completing your application, please quote the position code number. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open until filled.