Reports to: Office of the Executive Vice President
Scope and Purposes:
Under the supervision of the AUK executive vice president, the events manager will serve as AUK’s primary events planner, managing the central AUK events calendar and coordinating on-campus and off-campus event logistics and execution.
The candidate for this position should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, as well as excellent communication, multi-tasking, and project management skills. The AUK event planning manager should reinforce institutional outreach activities that support the institutional image and personality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (not all inclusive)
- Develops AUK events and outreach ideas and strategies that promote the intuitional image and mission.
- Handles event budgeting, fundraising, and vendor evaluation (in coordination with the AUK Purchasing Office).
- Works closely with the director of PR & Marketing on developing event marketing plans (event publicity material and communication plans).
- Manages AUK facility reservations and central events calendar.
- Scouts, liaises, and negotiates with vendors regarding event setup and execution.
- Negotiate sponsorship deals and offers with external stakeholders.
- Generates full event proposals and post-event reports.
- Obtains governmental venue permits if required.
- Other special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in either of the following fields: public relations, mass communications, hospitality, or a relevant degree.
- 5+ years of sound professional experience in event management.
- Preferable experience with academic environment and higher education operations.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact details of three personal references
- Valid civil ID (FRONT AND BACK)
In completing your application, please quote position code number in the email subject line:
EVM - EVPO - 19042022
Information should be sent to email@example.com.
- The applicant must possess a valid residency in Kuwait.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The position will remain open until filled.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.