Vice President for Student Affairs
Scope and Purpose:
The Director of the Counseling Center is responsible for the administration and coordination of mental health and disability services for students.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities: (not all inclusive)
- Develops and assesses programs and initiatives designed to promote student well-being.
- Coordinates and maintains records and services for students with mental health issues, medical conditions, and disabilities.
- Provides oversight of clinical and administrative supervision to counseling staff; oversees professional development of counseling staff; plans and facilitates counseling staff meetings and case consultations.
- Oversees the operations of counseling.
- Maintains a counseling caseload; assists in program development and assessment; facilitates referrals; provides resources; and supports/develops initiatives to increase retention, student persistence, and student learning.
- Develops and enforces protocol and procedures that adhere to and uphold state laws and ethical standards as defined by the appropriate licensing boards.
- Provides support and training for the university community on issues affecting students’ mental health and well-being. Develops resources for office publication and training.
- Serves as lead and primary point of contact for issues related to students’ mental health.
- Provides consultation for families, faculty, and staff related to student mental health concerns, in addition to crisis consultation.
- Oversees the coordination of educational and prevention programs that focus on the developmental needs of college students to promote personal adjustment and growth.
- Works closely with administrative staff to ensure comprehensive care for students and their intersecting needs.
- Oversees and maintains a community referral resource network.
- Serves on college committees, oversight groups, and task forces related to student well-being.
- Participates in activities and associations related to college health and the maintenance of professional skills, standards, and competencies.
- Represents the center on college initiatives and activities.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- A master's degree in counseling, clinical psychology, social work, or related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in individual and group counseling, disability services, crisis intervention, outreach, education, consultation, and clinical supervision, preferably in a college/university setting.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to:
- Submit a cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact details of three personal references.
In completing your application, please quote position code number in the email subject line:
Director of the Counseling Center - SA - DCC/SA/25112019
Information should be sent to email@example.com.
- The applicant must possess a valid residency in Kuwait
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The position will remain open until filled.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.