Reports to: Campus Services Director
Scope and Purposes:
Safety & security coordinator handles all security and safety responsibilities at the American University of Kuwait, such as access to buildings and grounds, identifying the factors of safety and security, and finding ways of managing them through technical, operational, and procedural safeguards/procedures. The person will oversee and coordinate safety and security efforts across the AUK campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (not all inclusive)
- Secure the campus buildings and facilities around the clock.
- Familiarize with the policies and procedures of the University, development of safety and security policies and procedures, and provide information and assistance to faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Available after regular hours via AUK-provided mobile phone and as necessary, in person, helps members of the University community who may need emergency assistance at any time.
- Respond and act quickly to fire, health, and safety issues.
- Observe students and enforce control when necessary.
- Report to campus services director any irregularities, security breaches, safety hazards, and emergency situations, and prepare incident reports and referrals promptly within 24 hours of an incident.
- Liaise with fire-brigade, police, and other government offices when necessary, ensure implementation of safety and security procedures in accordance with guidelines from state or regulatory authorities and conduct periodic safety drills for all campus occupants.
- Supervise security staff on the campus and maintain daily record of security activities, attend meetings, and perform any other jobs as assigned.
- Diploma or higher.
- First aid training and/or certification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a security officer, or a comparable position (eg. military, police, etc.) of which 2 years should be as a team leader.
- Strong emotional intelligence skills.
- Ability to interact diplomatically.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Skilled in all safety & security equipment and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Verbal communication skills (bilingual – Arabic and English).
- Writing skills in English and Arabic.
Other comments for consideration:
- The ability to work beyond normal working hours.
- The ability to respond quickly when assistance is requested.
- The ability to control the University environment.
- The ability to prepare reports on Microsoft applications.
- The ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, law enforcement agencies, and the public.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit:
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of highest degree
- Names and contact details of three personal references
In completing your application, please quote position code number in the email subject line:
Safety & Security Coordinator - SSC - CS - 22022021
Information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicant must possess a valid transferable residency in Kuwait.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The position will remain open until filled.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.