The AUK on-campus Student Employment Program is designed to support a student's educational experience while providing a necessary service to the university community. AUK students have the opportunity to work in various departments within the University; employment depends on departmental needs and financial resources, as well as the skill-set an applicant brings to the required position.
- Must be an active, registered student for at least one IEP or undergraduate course during the term of employment Spring/Fall.
- Must be enrolled for the semester prior or immediately following for summer employment period eligibility.
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 for an undergraduate student, or C for an IEP student—or higher as determined by the hiring department.
- First-year students may be employed based on high school GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Must not have been terminated twice within the program.
- Other requirements may be specified by the relevant department.
Compensation is determined based upon job responsibilities and necessary skill level. The pay levels range from KD2/hour, KD2.250/hour, or KD2.500/hour.
Student employees may work a maximum of 80 hours per month (an average of 20 hours per week). The approved hours may vary per student, depending on the hiring department’s needs and the student’s availability.
Students may have up to two positions under the following conditions:
- The combined hours at both departments do no exceed 80 hours per month, or about 20 hours per week in total.
- The multiple positions do not conflict with one another or with academic expectations.
- The student is responsible for informing all supervisors of their working status and assigned hours.
To apply, students need to complete the Student Employment Application on the Self-Service Banner. If positions are available, the applicant will be called in for an interview.
For more information on student employment, kindly see the Student Employment Manual.