Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop an understanding and an appreciation for the meaning, purpose, and benefits of a Liberal Arts education and demonstrate this understanding through a variety of assessments such as reflections, exams, projects, and presentations.
- Apply a variety of transferable, durable skills needed for success at university level and beyond. Skills include goal setting, note-taking, test-taking, reading, writing, listening, and presenting.
- Critically question and analyze their own physical, emotional, and social behavior to demonstrate awareness between academic well-being and personal choices.
- Integrate into the AUK liberal arts culture by attending and actively participating in a variety of co-curricular events and indicate this through reflecting on and summarizing their experiences.
- Identify and apply practical strategies for higher level thinking by successfully completing a variety of class assignments and assessments such as: reflections, exams, projects, and presentations.
- Examine and construct self-reflective practices and employ effective behavioral strategies conducive to learning and becoming an effective member of the University community.