The American University of Kuwait Library owns an academic collection of over 43,424 physical items, a rapidly expanding collection of networked electronic resources, and materials in other information formats. The library’s collection parallels the University’s academic programs and supports all disciplines. The American university of Kuwait Library has received wide acclaim for the excellence of its information network.
The AUK Library supports research, teaching and learning needs of the AUK community through information resources, expertise, and innovative services.
- To provide access to quality information resources in a variety of formats that support the curriculum and research needs and aspirations of the university.
- To expand and strengthen the library's teaching role and continue to provide an information literacy program that enhances critical thinking, academic success, and lifelong learning.
- To support the university's research activities and enhance visibility and access to its intellectual output.
- To ensure dynamic learning environments and flexible physical spaces that support collaborative learning and individual study, and which respond to user needs through regular assessment.
- To create a culture of engagement with the university community and the larger library community through collaborative and sustainable partnerships.
- To attract and retain knowledgeable staff committed to service excellence and enhance their professional skills and contributions within professional organizations.
- Life-Long Learning
- Intellectual Freedom