Students may apply for a refund of tuition fees as follows:
- Dropping courses per the provision outlined in the University catalog.
- Withdrawal from the semester or AUK per the provision outlined in the University catalog.
- Due to extenuating circumstances.
Students petitioning for a refund based on extenuating circumstances must:
- Withdraw from courses by completing a Withdrawal from AUK form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar.
- Provide a letter of request and verifiable written documentation supporting the request to the director of finance.
Extenuating circumstances may include the death of an immediate family member, call to military duty, legal proceedings, and medical illness requiring hospital stay. Students receive their refund checks in their name.
The University will have the final discretion in deciding student refunds on a case-by-case basis when student withdrawal from AUK is due to extenuating circumstances.