Management today is an exacting, challenging, and exciting field. Management systems play an essential role in powering the economy, and management decisions and practices can have substantial impact on individual lives. The management major allows students to learn strategies, techniques, and ethics for effective organization. The required courses—Quality Management; Change Management; Decision-Making in Management; Organizational Behavior; Organizational Communication and Leadership Management—provide students with an essential foundation for effective management skills and employability. Failure to master the art and science of management could result in the function of management becoming a contingent liability. The entrepreneurial approach to management education opens opportunities for creativity and initiation of new businesses. Flexibility in dynamic environments and exploitation of business opportunities are addressed in the study of Change Management. The human element in business is fundamental to success yet is often seen as difficult to manage. In response to this dilemma, the course in Organizational Behavior explores theories and perspectives on human behavior in organizations that lend an understanding of this complex aspect of business. The program focuses on achieving competitive advantage by improving efficiency and customer experiences. Management skills are in high demand worldwide. A degree in management opens employment possibilities in a broad range of industries as well as in the non-profit sector of the economy.
In addition to the BBA learning outcomes, upon completion of the BBA in Management students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of planning, leading, organizing, and controlling as managerial functions
- Assess managerial responses to motivation theories and formulate managerial decisions
- Assess alternative corporate policies and use ethical dimensions and social responsibility in management activities
- Structure cross-disciplinary teams to carry out necessary projects
- Assume leadership roles and promote innovative and sustainable practices