Marketing is a leading field in business, responsible for researching and satisfying customer needs through product and service development, pricing, promotion, and distribution. In addition to being an exciting and creative academic major, marketing is practical and provides vital skills for success in both professional and personal lives. In today’s competitive market, no business can succeed without effective marketing. At AUK, the Marketing Department offers exciting and powerful courses taught by outstanding professors that include Principles of Marketing, International Marketing, Advertising and Promotion, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Marketing Strategy, E-Commerce, Marketing of Services, and Supply Chain Management. These courses provide professional skills needed in the job market, both in Kuwait and internationally.
Graduates with a BBA in Marketing are sought by many employers including international corporations, governmental agencies, private and non-governmental organizations, and financial institutions. Students with a BBA in Marketing can be employed in a diverse range of jobs in areas such as sales, retailing, advertising, public relations, logistics management, international marketing management, customer relationship management, marketing research, tourism management, e-commerce, media marketing, brand management, career (placement) marketing, real estate, market analysis, digital marketing, social media marketing, and marketing strategy. Marketing is the number one field of employment in many countries. In addition, marketing graduates with a BBA degree can pursue a great variety of graduate degrees anywhere in the world.
In addition to the BBA learning outcomes, upon completion of the BBA in Marketing students will be able to:
- Analyze customer segments and make optimal decisions about which segment(s) to target
- Use basic marketing research skills for gathering necessary data and for analyzing customer data
- Make product/service decisions to fit with customer needs in target segments
- Set prices consistent with customer willingness to pay and consistent with company needs to be profitable
- Plan supply chain and distribution channel structures and set channel policies
- Plan marketing communications adapted to the characteristics of the product/service and to the customer segment
- Develop a coherent marketing plan