The Division of Student Affairs
Where University Comes to Life
The Division of Student Affairs believes that involvement is an important component of a well-rounded college experience, and that students are more apt to be successful if they lead a balanced academic and social collegiate life. The Division consists of the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Academic Advising Center, the Alumni Affairs & Career Development, the Counseling Center, Student Life, and the Writing and Tutoring Center. The departments within the division are devoted to providing the student with an environment that enhances their academic life and encourages social growth and maturity.
The Division of Student Affairs strives to provide a comprehensive array of effective programs and services designed to support students from matriculation to degree completion and beyond, facilitating personal and academic development and promoting lifelong learning which sustains a mutually beneficial relationship with the university.
- Maintain services and programs which facilitate students' mental and physical wellbeing, thus enabling them to succeed academically and socially.
- Enhance effective course selection and advancement toward obtaining the degree by developing academic planning and decision-making skills.
- Improve study skills by developing critical thinking and literacy skills towards better understanding of course content.
- Facilitate opportunities for students which are designed to promote social integration, global awareness, personal growth, collegiality, and fairness.
- Foster relationships with internal and external communities through programs and services designed to create and sustain a lasting commitment to the American University of Kuwait.
- Provide opportunities to enrich lives beyond the traditional classroom setting through lifelong learning initiatives.