Finance is a functional area that impacts all decisions in a business. Finance employs mathematics and economic concepts using information from accounting data and quantitative techniques to assess results to make decisions.
Students can specialize in any of the fields within finance to focus on a career path. Finance graduates can choose a career in the finance division of a bank, an investment company, a multinational corporation, a government entity, a not-for-profit organization, and international institutions such as the World Bank and the IMF, to support major tactical and strategic financial decisions. Graduates in finance can also become successful entrepreneurs (private equity, investment banking, financial planning, and so on); career titles in finance run the spectrum from entry-level positions to the CEO.
Finance major students have the choice to continue their education via a master’s degree program or professional designations such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program to complement their degree and to make them highly attractive for a job anywhere in the world.
In addition to the BBA learning outcomes, students graduating with a BBA in Finance will be able to:
- Use time value of money concepts
- Value a corporation and its financial assets and obligations
- Construct and diversify investment portfolios.
- Report on financial feasibility of projects and make capital investment decisions
- Develop the finance function from an international context
- Assess financial market trends in Kuwait and the Gulf and their interrelations with global financial markets